Thursday, July 29, 2010

Growing in Unity- Day 4

It's Thursday, Day four of my Growing in Unity week. If you know Unity, you kow Thursday is Hip Hop Thursday. Which means you hop from blog to blog for Unity stamps inspiration...The Hop starts at the Unity blog and goes from there. If you haven't already, be sure to check it out!

I have a layout to share today. A two pager based on 0710a and 0710d from Paper Craft Planet's July Scrappy Sunday Challenge:


As always, I modified the sketches but I like the way they combined:


I used the butterfly from the July KOM and my "Insightful Meadows" stamps. Here's the butterfly whose wings were gently popped up using Helmar's Scrap dots:



and my dragonfly in the flowers:

and his dragonfly buddy:

I love stamping but I also love to add some doodling onto my projects, it make them feel more personal.
Here's another card I made (earlier this year) that combined Unity Stamps with simple doodling:


Here's a close up of the layering & stitching:


Don't forget to leave a comment so you have a chance to win the Unity goodies that will be given away this weekend... the more posts you growing in Unity posts you comment on, the more chances you have to win!! See you tomorrow!!

17 comments:

  1. Your pages are just beautiful. I love your take on the sketches. What a fun and colorful card. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your projects today! Your layout is beautiful--is that gauze you added for dimension? Just lovely! I am also really inspired by your doodling. I keep thinking that I will "mess up" my creation if I doodle on it, but it might just enhance it. Definitely on my "to try" list now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Tanya! And I love your card also, the layers and the beautiful colors!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout!! I love all of your gorgeous special touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous LO! Those Unity stamps fit perfectly with your topic:) Just love that butterfly!! And that card is sooooooooo fun--I need to ink that stamp up! THANKS for inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that layout!!! it's BEAUTIFUL...I have trouble with two pages...and you so nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Layout!! Love your bright card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of inspiration today - love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such awesome LO's Tanya and love the butterfly and dragonflies...they work perfectly! Fantastic card too! Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The layout is gorgeous!! :) I love the outlining you did around the whole set of photos, it really puts your focus there!

    The little grouping at the bottom left is SOOO cute. I love how you used the stamp dark/light and that netting and butterfly are just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your work! The personalized doodling is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout - love Donna Downey's Unity stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! Love the doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Tanya but I just love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the details you put into your projects.

    ReplyDelete