Friday, July 30, 2010

FWF, Growing In Unity -Day 5, Time to pass the Ball

I have had a blast this week hosting Growing In Unity!! Thank you for visiting me!! It has been a busy week at our house, so busy, I almost forgot to sign up for FWF! One of the reasons I love Fridays is because of Unity's Friends with Flair. It's so inspiring to see everyone's work and to have other Unity Addicts visit and comment!! The list of Friends with Flair participants can be found on the Unity blog and when you find the Unity Blinkie, you have a chance to win an assortment of Unity stamps!

Since this week's Unity Addict's challenge is to make a project using no DP, I knew I had to share this layout I made last summer. I posted it on my blog but had to remove it a few weeks later as it was published in the November issue of Scrapbooking.com's E-zine!! I wanted to share it today since my next project actually belongs to Penelope:


I used cardstock, grungeboard, paint, ribbon, my Sharpie and my Unity stamps- the lined dot used to make the lavendar cardstock patterned is from Middle School Madness and you light up my life is from Unity's May KOM 2009.


My last project is totally off the page!!
For the past two seasons, Penelope has played soccer using whatever ball we had that was the right size (with no complaints). This year, Penelope wanted a new ball- a pink ball. She has been working so hard this summer getting ready for soccer, we decided to get her a beautiful pink ball. When I saw it I knew, it needed a little extra something... something that could only come from Unity Stamps!! Since the time has come for me to pass the ball to the next Growing in Unity Girl, it seems like the perfect time to share Penelope's Unity Soccer ball:

Here's the happy girl from Middle School Madness and the dragonfly from Unity's May 09 KOM:

Penelope LOVED this Butterfly from Unity's July Store Kit:

 I used a permanent ink and colored it with my Sharpies... Pen's been using it for two weeks now and it's as lovely as it was when I first stamped it!!

Make sure leave a comment so you have a chance to win some Unity Stamps compliments of Angela!! The more GIU days you comment on, the more chances you have to win! The winner will be drawn tomorrow!!

BTW- Next week's Growing in Unity Girl is the ever creative Martha! So be sure to visit her on Monday!!

Have a great day!!

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout. Love your take on this challenge. This is such an awesome and creative idea to add some Unity love to this soccer ball. Thanks for such an inspiring week with all your Unity MOJO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I bet she really loves that ball now, I know I would. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, honestly! Your LO is awsome, but that pink soccor ball is AMAZING! I love the stamped images on the ball! That is really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout! And how cool with the ball great idea and so cool the ink is holding up! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What FABULOUS projects today! I LOVE that soccer ball--so cool that you were able to cute it up so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO! And I LOVE what you did with the ball! what a great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous, creative idea. That ball is great color, too! Lucky girl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout but that ball is just amazing! What did you do to make sure the ink doesn't rub off when used?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that soccer ball art is AMAZING! How did you make it smudgeproof?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your projects today! The soccer ball is so perfect for a little girl and I love the layout, too! Your doodling is so inspiring around the edges of the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Layout!! Love your added touches to Penelope's soccer ball.

    Thanks for sharing your projects with us all this week GIU. They were very inspiring!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, what a great idea with the ball. love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute pages I love that little flower for the accents peice and cool ball too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I am just amazed by the soccer ball - so cool. I love seeing work outside the cards and scraps - beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow awesome stuff!!!! Love the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! That ball is soooooooo amazing! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE your LO!! How beautiful! Great job this week with GIU!! LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the BEST soccer ball ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gosh your layout is sweet! You are the doodle queen! :)

    The ball is amazing!!!! Never in a million years would I think to do that...genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW.. amazing layout, I love the animated feel to it and that soccer ball.. pure genious.. I so love that idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet idea for the soccer ball! I bet she is the envy of the field! SO adorable :) and I love your layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tanya, what a gorgeous LO and love how you used the stamps and that flower is awesome! And oh my, are you creative or what...stamping on the ball if spectacular! Way to go Tanya and thanks for a wonderful inspiring week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful layout! And, I love the stamped pink soccer ball--how fun!

    ReplyDelete