Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Spooky May Arts Banner

I hope you're in the mood for Halloween because this is the first of three Halloween themed posts!

I made a banner for Phineas' birthday two weeks ago- it was hanging in our dining room for a few days. After I moved it into his room, I realized I missed having a banner around. So I made a new banner using this amazing May Arts Ribbon:


This is part of my contest entry for May Arts' Halloween Contest. I used each of the ribbons from the pack, some faux leather from my fabric stash (leftover from Bradley's Paul Revere boots, I think...)


I made a triangle template from some junk mail and cut each of the triangles with my pinking shears. I secured the ribbon around the edges with strong adhesive and stapled each of the corners- just in case. The letters were stamped with foam stamps from my stash & then I went over them with glitter for some shine. Finally, I put dots of white paint around the perimeter of each pennant. 
Here's a closer look:


I love the way this turned out!! I have also entered it into the following challenges:

Incy Wincy Designs- Faux It Up
Oh la la challenge- Nothing Floral
Fussy N Fancy- Halloween
Let's Ink It- Use Halloween Colors


See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Great banner Tanya, really creative stamping and those ribbons are lush!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya

    Fantastic banner, thanks for sharing at LIIU.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great banner! Thanks for joining us at LIIU! Hope you can join us again soon ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great banner! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

    ReplyDelete