Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lovebug Halloween "INSPIRE US" Blog Hop


Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops NORMALLY take place on the last Saturday of every month. This month we decided to go a week earlier, so you could get some Halloween inspiration before the holiday Thanks so much for joining us!

If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapbooking and start the Hop. You won't want to miss all the inspiration from our members....... or the prizes. Our theme for October is HALLOWEEN! I have had a fun time this year making various Halloween cards and projects. I participated in May Arts' Halloween Craft Contest and was able to play with this gorgeous ribbon:


I made quite a few projects including an altered Halloween house, a banner, a card and a Halloween hanging decoration but I still had more ribbon!! So I made these barrettes for Penelope:


and another pair using a Witchy Tia charm:


I made the charm by printing Some Odd Girl's Witchy Tia onto shrink plastic, coloring her and shrinking her to size with my heat tool. I secured everything with my glue gun and peeled away all of the dried glue. This is my first time making barrettes- boy, was it easy to do!!

I'm also giving away this blog candy!!!

This is an SEI memory kit in a box (complete with 6x6 album, papers and die cuts) and a sampling of a 1-4 yards of dozen different ribbons from my stash.
To qualify for the candy simply become a follower and leave me a comment telling me what you're going to be for Halloween. So far, in our house we are slated to have a Skeleton, Anakin Skywalker, the Grim Reaper, a Mermaid and two costumes that have yet to be decided (mine & Brett's). Phineas' costume is ready but I have to finish the others this weekend since I'm in full time training at my new job next week!! Wish me luck!!
This blog hop will run from today, October 23rd until October 25th. We will be drawing for winners on October 26th.
You have reached the end of our blog hop! Now it's time to go back to the Lovebug Scrapbooking and leave a comment!


18 comments:

  1. Love your blog....gladly a follower.

    My husband and I don't dress up but my daughter is going to be an Enchanted Princess or maybe Aerial - she hasn't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she'll have fun wearing those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project!! Very cute!

    We don't dress up for Halloween, so I guess I'll be myself :-)

    ...... and I became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and love some of that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those barretts are simply adorable!!

    My husband and I don't dress up either, but our daughter is going as a black cat!! I too became a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute barrettes! I love the idea of adding polyshrink elements to them...great gift idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely ribbons!!! Now you created a need...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the barrettes! I'm not dressing up but my kids are going to be a mime, a ninja & a giraffe.

    Oh, and I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The barrettes look awesome! My kids are going as Harry Potter, Iron Man and Buzz Lightyear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to be a glam witch - complete with zebra print hat, tights and gloves!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those barrettes are so cool, I'd love to wear a pair! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be in costume (but haven't decided yet) when I'm working with my out of school care kids on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little shrinkies! I don`t usually dress up but maybe I will this year! Lisa L.
    (mcia01h)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I became a follow of your blog. And we (as a family) don't celebrate Hallowe'en, so there will be no costumes here on October 31st (although DD loves to play dress-up each of the other 364 days of the year!).

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to be a witch. A friendly one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are SO seriously flippin' cute! love tiny Witchy Tia even tinier than usual! :) awesome project, chickadee! xo

    ReplyDelete