Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Challenge at Lexi's (two cards)

Happy Monday, uh... Tuesday! Lots happening this week but it can't start until I tell you about the new challenge at Lexi's Creations. The challenge is "BIRTHDAYS"- in honor of the one year blogaversary of Lexi's Creations Challenge Blog. This week there will be three winners:

•First Prize: 2 Fairy Dust Rubber Stamps to the winner (Lexi's Creation's images)
•2nd Prize: 3 Digi's From Fairy Dust Crafts
•3rd Prize: 2 Digi's From Fairy Dust Crafts

I made two cards for this challenge- both using Popple, one of my favorite new images:

 
I was going for a CAS design though I don't know if I achieved it- Popple is a cutie, though, isn't he... I colored him with watercolorsand inked the edges of the paper, added brads from my stash (my round silver brads are nearly gone now), a ghost star which I colored silver and then dotted silver around the
top and bottom.
I have entered this card in the following challenges:

Cinema Saturday- hand cut with scissors (Popple)
Craftalicious Challenges- Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday- Anything Goes Birthday
Little Red Wagon- Something old, something new

My next card, also using Popple was a little messier to make. Here is the front:

and here is the inside:


Forgive the reflection in the photo, it says- "May your birthday be- out of this world"
I had it out on the counter while the glitter was drying. Bradley, who's 11, picked it up and said "Mmm, cool." That made my day!!

I entered this in the following challenges:

Gabby Abby Challenge-monster on it
Craftalicious Challenges- Anything Goes
Cinema Saturday- hand cut with scissors
Party Time Tuesday- Anything Goes Birthday

Oh la la - Scary Stuff


Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. What little guy wouldn't love this delightful birthday card with its fun one-eyed monster!

    Thank you so much, Tanya, for sharing this fun card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stitching challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable creation!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is cool!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too fun!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your cute one-yed monster in the Gaby Abby Challenge!!
    Gaby
    just started following you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a super cute monster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super CUTE!!!! Thanks for entering the Gaby Abby Challenges!!!

    The Abby part of the Gaby Abby

    ReplyDelete