Friday, April 23, 2010

FWF- Earth Day Blog Hop (day two)



Happy (Friends with Flair) Friday!!
Welcome to Day Two of Create it Green’s Earth Day Blog Hop!!
Thanks so much for visiting me!

If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Create it Green and start the hop. You won't want to miss four days of Earth Day Inspiration or the amazing prizes from our generous sponsors! Make sure you leave a comment on each blog on the hop since winners will be drawn from the comments!! We have eight sponsors who've donated some amazing prizes!



Today I have a layout to share and in honor of Create It-Green's Earth Day Blog Hop, I have recycled on it. I recycled a tea cup sleeve, a paper bag and I also used handmade Junk Mail paper (made from 100% recycled fibers and shredded junk mail) and Grow A Note paper (made using 100% post consumer fibers sprinkled with wildflower seeds) from Green Field Paper Company and white Eco Grosgrain Ribbon from Nashville Wraps, it looks just like regular grosgrain but is made from 100% post consumer plastic bottles. It's pretty amazing stuff!

 I used stamps from Unity's December '09 and January '10 KOM.
Here is a picture of the back of the Junk Mail Paper mat and the cut up cardboard tea cup sleeve (which I attached using Helmar 450).


And here is my layout:


This is the first time I have ever sewn on a project with my machine- it's fun (but scary too)! I used the Green Field Paper Company's Grow a Note paper for the circle, the "adventurous" mat and the owl. Here's a close up of the flowers:


I stamped them onto a paper bag then cut them out after coloring them with my pencils and my white pen.

Create it Green's Earth Day Blog Hop will run until Sunday, April 26th, midnight PST. I will be posting each day of the hop so check back over the next few days!! We will be drawing for winners on April 27. Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is the amazingly talented Joan!!


25 comments:

  1. This isgreat! Love your color scheme and design elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, great use of the stamps :0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout...I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and the use of your 'green' elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I'll get brave and sew on paper too . . .LOVE your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Gorgeous layout!!! Your sewing is perfect! You'll be hooked on sewing on your projects all the time! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job and nice blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I never thought to stamp on paper bags.. What a fab idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. really like the soft tones of brown within the card

    ReplyDelete
  10. those stamped flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love how you stamped on a paper bag..great idea!
    mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous page! I love that you stamped on the the paper bag! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you did the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layout!! The colors are great, and so earthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous LO!! LOVE your Unity flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and I love the sewing! I haven't sewn on paper proejcts yet, but who knows...you may have just inspired me!

    ReplyDelete