Happy Earth Day!!
Welcome to Create it Green’s Earth Day Blog Hop!!
Thanks so much for joining us!
If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Create it Green and start the hop. You won't want to miss all the Earth Day Inspiration or the amazing prizes from our generous sponsors! Make sure you leave a comment on each blog on the hop since winners will be drawn from the comments!! We have eight sponsors who've donated some amazing prizes!
For today's project, I made a card using this adorable butterfly from The Digi Shack. This butterfly is so striking, I knew I had to use it!! I printed out two (same size) images, colored them with my pencils then used my glitter & stickles for sparkle. For my recycled elements, I used the back of cardstock packaging from white envelopes (as you can see in this photo):
Here is my card:
and a close up of the dimension of the butterfly:
One of the things our family does to reduce our waste and be more Earth-friendly is to use reusable water bottles instead of buying cases of water. Each member of our family has their own water bottle that can be filled fresh and brought with as needed- to baseball games, scouting events and even to school!
This blog hop will run from today, April 22nd until Sunday, April 26th, midnight PST. I will be posting each day of the hop so check back over the next few days!! We will be drawing for winners on April 27. Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is the amazingly talented Joan!!






Great blog and I'm lovin' the digi's :)
ReplyDeletewhat beautiful colors! so vibrant!
ReplyDeleteYou used that "flutterby" so beautifully!! Thanks Tanya for organizing the hop, too!! -Ali
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty butterfly....
ReplyDeletesmiles...Tammy
Great buttterfly.
ReplyDeletesdenimandlace1@aol.com
Fantastic ideas to be more Green! YOur blog is quite interesting and I love the butterfly!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Absolutely stunning Tanya! That butterfly is gorgeous! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteLove your card! Your colored pencil work is wonderful - I just love the bright colors!!
ReplyDeletesuch a great job with that wonderful digi! I too reuse our bottles and have had a water purification system installed in our home so we don't need to buy bottled water anymore!
ReplyDeleteSo, so pretty!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! WE do that as well with water bottles.
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary earth day, catch opra on TV, great show.
ReplyDeletebeautiful and a well done butterfly
ReplyDeleteI think it is great when people find a way to recycle packaging. BTW Lovely butterfly.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! love that butterfly!!
ReplyDeletehugs,
Rachel
Yes, we also do that for the water bottles, I think it's a great idea too!!!
ReplyDeletelovely card! =)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful butterfly card!
ReplyDeletePretty card!!
ReplyDelete