Monday, May 3, 2010

Cards with Digital Stamps

I have been having a ball playing with digital stamps!! This first card is made with a freebie from Pixie Dust Studios. I used their challenge which was to take inspiration from this photo:


Though I was tempted to follow the colors from the inspiration shot, instead I took inspiration from the ruffles and added pleated ribbon to my card.



Here's a close up of the mesh & ribbon:


The paper is Carolee's Creations, both ribbons are from Nashville Wraps (the ivory is made from organic cotton & the turquoise mesh is made from 100% post consumer plastic bottles), the chipboard is from Lil Davis Designs, Ranger Ink, my Sharpie and the alpha letters from mls.


My second card uses another digi stamp freebie (this one from Meljen Designs). I used Meljen's Thursday challenge to "Show us your Shape" and make a shaped card. I freehand cut the shape, used more papers from Carolee's Creations, alpha stickers from mls, Ranger Ink, Thickers and my Unibal pen. And yes, that circle behind the lion is recycled cardboard (from a cereal box).

I'm sending this to my SOS buddy Ali's son- just because. I hope he likes it!! Here it is standing up:



Have a Happy Monday!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to say..I love your creations and your blog is awesome! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just cute as can be. I love your cards--both of them but it's the shaped card that grabs my attention as I'm llooking for shaped cards today. Thanks for joining the Meljen's team in this weeks shaped card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable cards! I love what you did with lil Wink! Great ruffles!

    Thanks for playing along with the Pixies this week :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea to make an "L" for the adorable Lion! Such a cute, cute card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck on the challenge!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. How inventive! What a fabulous card for a boy! Thanks for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete