Friday, March 13, 2009

Pink Friday 09

http://www.pinkfriday09.org/



Teagen & Penelope & Bradley in pink (and looking quite dashing, if I do say so myself...)The kids usually wear school colors on Fridays but today because of Pink Friday, my kids wore pink to support the 20,000 California teachers who received pink slip this week (8 from our school.) We bought the boys shirts for today last night at Kohl's. Penelope has a wardrobe filled with pink so (much to her dismay) she did not need anything new.



I decided to make Phineas' shirt- so I grabbed a white shirt & my pink inks ( & some green ink & trains to make it look more masculine) but it didn't work. Brett informed me that it was too girly (and I agree) so Finn wore a maroon school shirt instead.



I think we are all aware that California State needs to trim the spending to make ends meet but I do NOT agree with trimming the (already bare bones of the)educational budget. It is absurd to lay off teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment