Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Since the kids had the day off of school but Brett still had to go to work. We worked (and played) this morning at home then headed off to the movie theater (at the mall) to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was a lively movie and very funny!!! There are some very obedient (and talented) dogs in that film. I was impressed- I especially loved the iguana.

While we were driving to the theater which is about a half an hour away, we were talking about all sorts of things, Teagen mentioned the baby name jar we used to find the right name for Phineas. We would write down every boy name we liked on a slip of paper and put it into a big glass jar- as I recall, the kids & I made most of the contributions to that jar and some of those names were pretty wild!! Brett wrote down a few names as well, but the kids came up with most of the choices. Teagen remembered that Penny had suggested the name Jelly Bean and that he wanted to name the the baby Luke Skywalker (yes, we were in the middle of a Star Wars phase at that time.) Then I remembered Bradley suggested Cheerios as a name- it was funny! Pack rat that I am, I saved all of those little slips of paper- they will make for a GREAT scrapbook page someday when I dig them out!

Speaking of Finn, here is a recent page I did from his first trip to the snow:

No comments:

Post a Comment