Thursday, October 30, 2008

sickness, walking to school without me, a pomegranate

Finn was sick the last few days- I think it's just a cold but it was intense enough for him to miss school yesterday. He is doing better but coughing all too often and his nose is like faucet that was left on... dripping...throughout the day... all day... But even with repeatedly waking up last night, he is in GREAT spirits. I am keeping him home again today ( though he will miss trick or treating at school.) This bug he's fighting is not something we want to share. I want Finn well again!

This morning Teagen & Bradley walked to school (without me!!!) We usually walk together (1/2 a mile) but I am wiped out from the last few nights. So they headed off to school- jazzed to go 'on their own.' Of course I took pictures:





They left right on time but returned 4 minutes later for a belated birthday present for Bradley's teacher (her birthday was yesterday!) Bradley remembered that he wanted to give her the present, came back for it and the boys left- running, not wanting to be late for school. It's good to see Bradley taking responsibility- I am very proud of that!! I just can't believe they walked to school on their own!!!

I love pomegranates!My Dad had a pomegranate tree in his yard when I was growing up. He would send me home with a bag of pomegranates and I would eat them (outside- cause of the mess) but I loved them!! I have to buy my pomegranates at the store now and they are alot of work to eat (and they stain) but I love them. SO, earlier this week, I bought one and this morning Penny & I ate pomegranate seeds!!




YUM!!It will be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tanya-
    Glad to find you!
    Love your blog.
    Kindly,
    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete