This past two weeks in a nutshell- we are still at camp-though I am adjusting the schedule to wean the kids from the computer games and establish a (still fun) routine that we can still follow when school resumes (three weeks from now!!!) We have had a busy time- we have been to the drive in a few times, my mom (Nana) has visited us twice, we have driven up to visit Grandma Shirley, my step mom and Brett helped her with some computer stuff, Brett & his Dad & Kathy (Grandma & Grandpa) have taken the kids boating at Folsom twice while I stayed home & prepped for the week and enjoyed the quiet of the house.
Here is the more detailed version of this past week: A week ago, Brett (finally) sold his Spyder to a dealer in Auburn and bought a Toyota Tacoma from them at the same time. I was afraid the kids would be sad because they LOVED that little two seater but I was very wrong. They are soooo excited to have the Tacoma- It can hold Daddy plus three other people which means no more fights about who is going with Daddy- it was a very happy day indeed!!
This past Monday, I awoke to an email from a long time(commercial)V/O client informing me know that my voice has been picked to record an e-learning module! I was jazzed!!! With that news, I gave the house a quick straightening up, then Finn & I headed to LSS Green Tangerine's, I am in their Design Team contest and voting started on Monday. So, this LO was up is up on their wall.

So (here is my shameless plug!!!) if you live in the Roseville/Rocklin area, go into Green Tangerine's, buy a little something and vote for me (#7) in the DT Contest! The team will be picked by popular vote and I would LOVE to be on that team- Green Tangerine's is an amazing store! That's enough of my rallying.
After that, I picked up Brad, Teag & Pen who slept over at Grandma & Grandpa's house & we headed home for lunch. I checked my messages and confirmed via email that I did not get the sales-V/O job at the local radio station. I was bummed for a few minutes then I realized that I am exactly where I need to be. I am making money doing what I am trained in (and I can be home with my kids as well.) It's all good! We picked up Nana from the Train station & had a productive afternoon & evening.
Tuesday, I needed to record the V/O but instead had to do some last minute paperwork for Bradley's (long awaited evaluation which was that afternoon.) Finished the paperwork, called my client & confirmed I would have the recording in by Wednesday and drove to bradley's appoinment via grandma & Grandpa's to drop off Finn & Pen & Teag. The evaluation was long but we were able to get him in and now we need to decide what to do next.
Wednesday, I recorded the script & sent it in on time. It is really hard to have a quiet house with four active kids running around. I think that recordings will be much quicker when school starts and the house is quiet... We spent the day working on projects and planning.
Thursday, Nana left and I had to record a few script changes. The kids watched tv (quietly) and played on Webkinz (quietly) while I finished the session. Then we went to Chick-fil-A to get ice cream & let the kids play!!!
Friday, we spent the afternoon at the Children's Energy Center & the new library. I needed to get some books and I want the kids to get back into the swing of school. The kids were great- very well behaved, followed my instructions and didn't fight when it was time to go. I think camp has been working- they are acting like (responsible) campers even when we are not at camp. After dinner, Brett & the kids made home made ice cream while I made popcorn for movie night (the boys went to the Drive in to see Batman Returns & Finn, Pen & I watched Enchanted at home.) I LOVE Enchanted!!! It is an adorable film.
Saturday, the ice cream was ready & boy, was it yummy!! Teagen said " This is the best tasting ice cream ever 'cos we made it!" Ohh, that was music to my ears!!! Trixie got her second set of shots, brave little sweetie. And we spent the entire afternoon at the pool at Whitney High school in Rocklin. We tried to go to the aquatic Center but they were hosting a swim meet- so we checked out Whitney H.S. It was great fun- the pool was just the right size and not crowded at all- and we rented a huge innertube to play in/ride on. Pen, Teag & Brad jumped off the diving board over & over & over again! We will go there again! Afterwards, Brett & the kids went to John & Kathy's for dinner and I went to scrappy hour at Green Tangerine's. I finished 3 LOs and nearly finished 2 more. I am working on figuring out how to set up a slideshow here... hopefully soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment