Great news!!! Teagen & Penelope both won a $25 gift card in the art contest at Brett's work!! They were thrilled when they found out the news this afternoon. Just before bed tonight, Teagen said "Maybe Dad will bring my card home from work tomorrow night?" I said "Maybe...but I think it might take a bit longer for him to get it, more like next week, maybe." to which he replied with a BIG smile " but it might be tomorrow..." I bet he will sleep well tonight.
Last week we went on an impromptu vacation to Southern California to visit Brett's Mom, sister Lisa & her family. I spent Thursday & Friday getting everything together & we left at 4:00 on Friday. I drove to Brett's work to pick him up and he drove the rest of the journey. We ate at Panda expresshit a little traffic but the drive there was not too bad. I slept on and off once the sun went down but could not sleep the last few hours so I worked on Photoshop (Thanks again, Kristi!) I now know how to do very BASIC things in photoshop but it's a start! We arrived around 1 AM I think... Saturday was hard- due to exhaustion but we all headed to the movies to see Kung Foo Panda-and then went swimming at Lisa's it was funny though I must confess I fell asleep a few times- I was TIRED!! Essentially we hung out and swam and visited. The kids had a blast with their cousins (and Lisa's boys are such awesome young men!!) We left on Monday mid-day so we could have Tuesday to get back into the groove of being at home. Boy was that drive long!!! It felt like we were on the road for months though it was only NINE hours!! The kids (and dogs) did great!
We're back now and my Mom (and neices) are visiting for a few days- it's so nice to have them here! Spyro (the cat) was in the house while we were gone (which is good) but he proceeded to go out and get into a fight when we returned so the poor little guy is, literally, licking his wounds as I write. I am keeping him inside under close watch 'till he is back to himself again. Hopefully he will be doing better tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment