Well, school is out!! Teagen is officially in 2nd grade, Bradley is in 4th grad, Penelope is in kindergarten & Finn is inching closer to Preschool!! I can't believe that all of my babies are going to be in school this year!! Here are a few photos taken from the last day- Teagen with his best buddy, Justin. Bradley & his best friend, Xander (with Pen & Finn.)
The first day of summer turned into quite a different day than we had expected- I woke up to Brett telling me he needed me to call 911, that he had just passed out. I called and they came his blood pressure was high, though by the time he arrived at the hospital it was low. I called my in laws and they arrived at the house by 7am (I think.) And I followed to the hospital, they ran a barrage of tests only to conclude that it was a virus (and there was nothing they could do to help. Though Brett already felt and looked better (having received 2 IV bags of fluids.) We brought him home and he got some sleep- Yeah! Bradley, Teagen & Penelope spent the night at grandma & Grandpa's house, so I was able to get things together for the party (I know, I'm a very lucky lady to have such awesome in-laws!)
Brett was still under the weather but he felt well enough to just hang out with us at the park. Penny's party which was great! Everything came together- the princess cupcakes were lovely, the weather was beautiful, the scavenger hunt for goodies was alot of fun!! Penelope was thrilled to play with her friends at the park (and it was soooo cute to see so many of them in costume!) Here is one of my favorite shots. Aren't their crowns sooo cute!!!
Father's Day was mellow. I made Brett's card (and Grandpa's too!) We had breakfast at Sonic, did a few recordings of the kids at home and just hung out until dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's.
This past week has been spent at with the boys at Twilight Camp (Cub Scout camp- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday night. Bradley & Teagen had a blast doing all sorts of activites with their dens) and getting used to our summer schedule- the boys are doing school work over summer vacation since I think they need to keep their focus at school this upcoming year. My hope is that if they accomplish specific educational goals this summer, they will start off the new school year feeling 100% READY!! We'll see...





No comments:
Post a Comment