Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy to be on Christmas Break!

We are officially on Christmas break!!! Our lights are up, most of our shopping is done and this weekend will be filled with Holiday fun- a pancake breakfast, making popcorn balls, Christmas caroling and a Holiday Party!

Last week was very full- we had an (almost) clean house, our exchange student here, Finn, Bradley & Teagen all down with the stomach flu, incredibly COLD weather and a broken hot water heater. Well, it's still very cold (I'm hoping for snow!!)the water heater has been replaced-Yeah, Brett! Yeah, John!-the house is far from clean (we're working on it tomorrow), Shunsuke has returned to Japan (he was only here for 4 days), the kids are well again (though Brett & I both caught the same YUCKY bug) and this week has been hard as a result of last week. But in the middle of everything last week, Santa came through the neighborhood to spread Christmas cheer! Finn was nervous about it - he didn't know what to expect but enjoyed it (they passed out candy canes as Santa rode by on the back of the (decorated) truck. It is such a nice tradition!



note: the absence of a front bottom tooth- Penny lost her first tooth!!







On that evening we thought the boys were all on the mend- they weren't but they are all well now!! I wish I could say the same for Brett & I. I'm almost 100% but not quite and Brett is on the mend but far from back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment