School started last week! It is a crazy schedule- we have been walking at least one of our trips there (it's 1/2 a mile away so I am walking one mile a day for now.) The goal is to walk at least 2 trips a day but with the heat & the timing of it all, I am building up to that.
The boys start at 8:50 and Penny starts at 11:30. It's a fast turn around time but if we drive to Kindergarten drop off, there's a possibility of Finn getting a nap. Finn does NOT want to nap anymore & by dinner time he is soooo tired that he is literally falling asleep in his food. Finn wants to walk most of the way to school so I have been leaving the stroller at home & we all walk. With the heat I have learned that we need a ice cold water or it is just tooo far of a walk! It's all coming together!
The kids are all doing GREAT in their classes-
Penny is sooo LOVING Kindergarten! She is constantly sharing about her teacher & her class and what she is learning! And she is totally into "getting ready for school" from her outfit to her hair. She knows what she wants and she does it!! Lately she has been wearing pigtails but they have to be even hight when she looks into the mirror. We bought a big bag of scrunchies at the store last week and Penny's been having fun matching them & putting up her own hair (and her Barbies' hair too.) I am grateful that she is taking the initiative!
Teagen has been having a great time as well. On the first day, he was chosen as star helper by his teacher. And when she saw me on campus that afternoon, she walked up to me and said "I just had to let you know, I LOVE your son! He is such a joy." This is the second year I've heard that from Teagen's teacher on the first day of school! This is a pattern I don't mind repeating! When I asked him what he does to make these teachers love him so much, he blushed and said "I don't know, Mom." He is enjoying himself- playing soccer at recess & sometimes tetherball but he told me after the frist day of school: "I'm not drinking enough water, Mom. It's really hot I need to drink more water." So in his backpack , he now has his own bottle of iced water with his initials on it.
Bradley has made the transition to 4th grade sooo well! He didn't have many friends in his class this year but he is in high spirits each day. His teacher has the whole class how to organize their work in a (labeled) binder which really seems to help Bradley! I wish I was more organized- I know it would help all of us but organization just doesn't come naturally to me. Bradley has taken responsibility to do his homework with out being told to and it's being done in the neatest penmenship I have ever seen him use! This year Bradley's not in soccer- Teagen & Penny are- and I am trying to work with Brad doing some sensory work (I call it OT) each day. It's a good habit. So far he has made huge strides forward from last year... I am cautiously optimistic!!
With all the busy-ness of school, I have had NO time to drum up voice work but on Friday, I received a call from a client that thay want me to record two spots (Monday afternoon!) YEAH!!! Talk about validation that I am doing just what I need to be doing- once again, I am cautiously optimistic... actually I am hugely optimistic! It will be fun to record again!
And, last but not least, I have been chosen to be on a design team!!! Green Tangerines, my LSS (Local Scrapbook Store) had a contest to decide on their design team and I was one of the designers chosen!!! Yeah! We have our first meeting next Tuesday evening- I can hardly wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment